- SCRUFF (Spaying Capital Region Unowned Feral Felines) performs spay/neutering for feral cats every third Sunday of the month. The cost is $35.00 and includes spay/neuter, Rabies and distemper vaccinations. An additional $15.00 for the feleuk/FIV test. Call (518) 526-3372 for more information.
- CAT CARE COALITION (CCC) performs spay/neuter clinics, for low income NY residents. The cost is $65.00 and includes a complete vet check, spay/neuter, deworming, and rabies and distemper vaccinations. Test for feleuk/FIV is an additional $15.00. Please contact Sue Mahar at (518) 466-8484 or firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility and more details.
- CAT TALES RESCUE has revived its pre-pay low cost spay/neuter for cats. The cost is $80.00 (Pre-Paid throught PayPal or Money Order) and covers spay/neuter surgery, test for feleuk/FIV, Rabies vaccination, and 1st Distemper vaccination. Once payment is received, they will notify their vet and then you may schedule your own appointment. Calls and emails are returned Monday-Friday by volunteers. Call Cat Tales Rescue at (518) 952-0356, or email email@example.com.
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY SPCA is partnering with the Animal Protective Foundation (APF) to provide low cost spay/neuter for cats every Thursday. The cost is $90.00 and includes spay/neuter, complet vet check, test for feleuk/FIC, and Rabies vaccination. Location is 53 Maple Avenue in Scotia, NY. Please contact Deb at (518) 842-8050. Montgomery County SPCA is partnering with Mohawk-Hudson HS to provide low cost spay/neuter for cats twice a month on Mondays. The cost is $90 and includes spay/neuter, vet check, test for FeLv and FIV, rabies and distemper vaccinations. Optional service for $8 for 30 day flea treatment. If ear mites are present, the ears are cleaned and medicated. Registration and cash payment is required before scheduling the appointment. Open hours: Mon, Wed thru Sat from noon to 4PM at MCSPCA, SPCA Rd, Amsterdam, NY.
- FRIENDS OF ANIMALS (Dog and Cat Spay/Neuter Program) The prices for their low-cost certificates are: Female Cat - $65.00, Male Cat - $51.00. Upon receipt of your order and payment, Friends of Animals will process the order and your Friends of Animals certificate(s) will be mailed to you within 7 business days, For questions related to Friends of Animal Spay/Neuter Program, please call 1-800-321-PETS (1-800-321-7387) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 DOG SPAY/NEUTER
- DOG CARE COALITION (GUILDERHAVEN,inc.) This dog spay/neuter program is for low income NY residents. Please contact Sue at (518) 861-6861 to set up an appointment or for more information.
Clinic: Aqueduct Animal Hospital, 2721 Balltown Road Schenectady, NY 12309; Dr. Pike, DVM
Income Eligibility: <$42,000 for one and < $44,000 for two
Services: All dogs receive an exam, distemper and Rabies vaccinations, heartworm test, and spay/neuter. Males: $100, Females < 50lbs: $170, Females > 50lbs with required overnight stay: $220 with required overnight stay.
- If the dog is > 7yrs of age, blood work is required and will cost extra.
- Pain medication will cost an extra $10-$15
- E- collar will cost an extra $10-$20
- Flea treatment will cost an extra $20
- OUT OF THE PITS FIX-A-BULL PROGRAM Out of the Pits has partnered with local veterinarians to offer FREE or low cost spay-neuter surgeries to any Pit Bull or Pit Bull mix in the Capital District area. They also reach out to target the source of most of the Pit Bulls and mixes entering our shelter system or abandoned on our city streets. For questions about their Spay-Neuter program, please contact Nancy at email@example.com
The prices for their low-cost certificates are:
Female Dog - $90.00 Male Dog - $64.00
Upon receipt of your order and payment, Friends of Animals will process the order and your Friends of Animals certificate(s) will be mailed to you within 7 business days, For questions related to Friend of Animals Spay/Neuter Program, please call 1-800-321-PETS (1-800-321-7387) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.